The 2022 Cloud 9 Hill Race is planned for 6th March 2022!
(Entries are now open on AVTiming)
- 11 am Start
- Cloud Nine is a Scenic and Challenging course the majority of which is off-road. It follows a well marshalled route from Congleton to Bosley Cloud (1125') and back via the ancient Bridestones (c2000 BC)
- Entry cost will be £10 plus booking fees (Please note £1 for every runner will be donated to the National Trust as the Bosley Cloud is NT land). FRA members will receive a £1 discount.
- The race is organised by Congleton Harriers under FRA rules
- It covers a distance of 9 miles and 1250 feet of ascent (14.5K and 381m) Category BM.
- All entrants must be over the age of 18 Years.
- Be prepared to carry full body cover in line with FRA minimum kit requirements, i.e. Waterproof whole-body cover (with taped seams and integrated attached hood) + Hat + Gloves, random Kit checks will take place, for more information see http://fellrunner.org.uk/organisers.php
- The race will be Chip Timed.
- Sorry but no dogs or MP3 players allowed.
- The Start is at Brunswick Wharf (CW12 1RG / SJ865634)
- GPS and electronic devices NOT allowed for navigation (NG), the route will be well marked and marshalled.
- Cut off time: Please note as last year there will be a cut off time of 60 minutes. The distance at this point is approximately 3.9 Miles into the race (downward leg from the Cloud). If you don't feel you can make this time then please do not enter. Please view cut off point on course map attached (Point 1).
- Foodbank Donations: purely optional, but if you would like to bring a can or packet of something, we will be collecting donations for the Congleton food bank.
Registration/Changing (important changes for 2022)
- In the past we have used Congleton Leisure Centre for registration, changing facilities, baggage store and post-race refreshments. This year we are having to make alternative arrangements as the leisure centre has been knocked down and is in the process of being rebuilt. We are working on securing a different race HQ nearby, but it won’t be to our usual standards. There will not be showers and our post-race amenities will be limited (e.g. the usual free soup and roll will not be available).
- We will provide all entrants with instructions closer to the event.
- You should collect your number at the venue on the day at the event, a map showing the course will be available to view. Please arrive in good time. In case there is adverse weather we have set up a Facebook page to communicate the latest information on it near race day on https://www.Facebook.com/cloud9hillrace/
Male: S. Bailey - 00:52:10 - 2010
Female: O. Walwyn - 00:58:53 - 2011
A scenic and challenging mostly off-road race from Congleton to Bosley Cloud (1125ft) and back, via the ancient Bridestones (c 2000 BC).
Organised by CONGLETON HARRIERS under FRA rules
Photos: Bryan Dale