Cloud 9 Hill Race
Organised by Congleton Harriers
A scenic and challenging mostly off-road 9 mile race from Congleton to the summit of Bosley Cloud (1125ft) and back via the ancient Bridestones (c 2000 BC).
Contact Us: email@example.com
Male: S. Bailey - 00:52:10 - 2010
Female: O. Walwyn - 00:58:53 - 2011
Next year's race:
Sunday 5th March 2023!
Starting at 11am
Message from Nick Budd, Race Director
A big thank you to everyone who turned out to race on March 6th and an extra big thank you to all the marshals who helped out. They really help make this a special event.
It was so nice to get the race back on after the the difficulties of the last two years. The weather turned out to be perfect for running and it was wonderful to see so many runners with smiling smiling faces at the end (once you had got your breath back).
Well done to everyone who took part. Hopefully we will see you all again next year.
Registration/Changing (important changes for 2022)
- In the past we have used Congleton Leisure Centre for registration, changing facilities, baggage store and post-race refreshments. This year race HQ will be at Berisfords in Congleton - Thomas Street CW12 1EF
Note there is no bag drop this year.
The race is now sold out!
- Entry cost will be £10 plus booking fees (Please note £1 for every runner will be donated to the National Trust as the Bosley Cloud is NT land). FRA members will receive a £1 discount.
- The race is organised by Congleton Harriers under FRA rules
- It covers a distance of 9 miles and 1250 feet of ascent (14.5K and 381m) Category BM.
- All entrants must be over the age of 18 Years.
- Be prepared to carry full body cover in line with FRA minimum kit requirements, i.e. Waterproof whole-body cover (with taped seams and integrated attached hood) + Hat + Gloves, random Kit checks will take place, for more information see http://fellrunner.org.uk/organisers.php
- The race will be Chip Timed.
- Sorry but no dogs or MP3 players allowed.
- The Start is at Brunswick Wharf (CW12 1RG / SJ865634)
- GPS and electronic devices NOT allowed for navigation (NG), the route will be well marked and marshalled.
- Cut off time: Please note as last year there will be a cut off time of 60 minutes. The distance at this point is approximately 3.9 Miles into the race (downward leg from the Cloud). If you don't feel you can make this time then please do not enter. Please view cut off point on course map attached (Point 1).
- Foodbank Donations: purely optional, but if you would like to bring a can or packet of something, we will be collecting donations for the Congleton food bank.
- We will provide all entrants with instructions closer to the event.
- You should collect your number at the venue on the day at the event, a map showing the course will be available to view. Please arrive in good time. In case there is adverse weather we have set up a Facebook page to communicate the latest information on it near race day on https://www.Facebook.com/cloud9hillrace/