Club runs take place on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights – each night has a different focus. Below you can see what distances and pace ranges we currently offer.
All Club Runs start at the Congleton Leisure Centre (CW12 1DT). Occasionally some runs might start in a different location – if so, it will be shown in the Heja app.
Members can see all the details and book onto runs using the Heja app.
If you would like to try a run with us, please get in touch with the New Members Team.
4 miles to 4.5 miles / 6.4 km to 7.2 km
Intervals. Roughly 1 hour total, including warm-up and cool-down jog.
6 miles to 8 miles / 9.5 km to 13 km
Club Runs - please could you:
- Sign up to runs so that the run leaders know who to expect. Members, please use Heja. If you have not yet joined, please contact the New Members Team.
- Be considerate and aware of your running companions. If you need to cut your run short, make sure someone knows so that the group doesn't worry that you have gotten lost. If someone is struggling with the pace, take it in turns to keep them company.
- NOT bring dogs - this is for insurance reasons.
- In winter / low light conditions - wear reflective/hi-vis clothing and, ideally, a head torch or chest light.
Mondays - Shorter Run
- Multiple groups arranged on the night to suit different paces. Each group’s run leader will adjust the pace to suit the group.
- We aim to run three to four groups with pacing between 9:00 min per mile / 5:30 min per km up to 12:00 min per mile / 7:30 min per km. The slower group also has an option to run a slightly shorter route. (Please note this on Heja if needed.)
- Groups are arranged beforehand based on sign-ups on Heja and runners’ normal pace, however, runners can move groups on the night as suits. (If you're new, please make someone aware of your preferred running pace, if you know it.)
- Groups pause at each mile point and, if needed, runners can drop down to a slower group.
- During the summer the runs are a mix of road and trail. During the winter the runs are on road.
Tuesdays - Intervals
- These runs are focused on speed and threshold training and are suitable for runners of all abilities, each runner choosing pace and effort levels.
- There is a mix of hill and flat sessions, road in the winter, and a mixture of road and parks in the summer.
Thursdays - Longer Run
- Groups arranged on the night to suit different paces at different distances. Each group’s run leader will adjust the pace to suit the group.
- We aim to run one 6 mile group at a pace of 9:30 - 10:30 min per mile / 6:00 - 6:30 min per km.
- We aim to run one 8 mile group at a pace of 8:00 - 9:00 min per mile / 5:00 - 5:30 min per km.
- During the summer the runs are mostly off road. During the winter the runs are on road.