Monday, Tuesday and Thursday club runs all back now. Tuesdays have a new look!!
All Runs start from Congleton Tennis Club unless otherwise stated
All club runs are back in operation now.
We will still follow the same procedure if you wish to join one of the club runs when they resume:
- You must first register and confirm your contact details. To register please fill in the form on the right hand side of the page ->
- You will be given details on how to login to the website to book on in advance and will need to confirm that you have read and understood the Risk Assessment Document and the Runs Guidelines Document.
- A list of the club runs which are organised is here.
- To join a Monday club run, fill in the form here. For Tuesdays use the Heja app.
- Run Leaders, to add a Monday club run you are leading to the list click here or via the Heja app for Tuesdays.
Summary of the Club Run Booking options:
Overview of the status of Club Runs:
A social run of 3-4 miles suitable for new runners or juniors, but also very popular with existing members wishing to have a short run. The runs are on road in winter and off road in summer. The winter schedule starts on October 4th from Congleton Tennis club at 6pm.
Tuesday 7pm: New look!!
Lee Mackin and Graham Cooper have done a lot of work in reshaping Tuesday club runs, and devised new routes of around 7-8 miles. Off road in summer and on road in winter. From Congleton Tennis club 7pm meet: see here for the newTuesday run schedule and routes.
Tuesday Away runs: in the Tuesday schedule
Throughout the summer we have a monthly away run, within 30 minutes drive of Congleton. This is an opportunity to enjoy running somewhere different and meet up for food and drink in a local pub after the run.
Interval and speed training. This is a road based session focused on improving fitness levels and abilities through shorter repetitions of high intensity running with recovery sessions in between. Alternate weeks flat and hill training. The sessions start from the Tennis club at 7pm. See here for more information. From Congleton Tennis club:
Saturday 9am: Parkruns
We attend the weekly Astbury Mere based Parkrun where on the first Saturday of each month our members offer pacing for specified times to assist runners achieve targets.
This is a link to the Congleton Parkrun Website Congleton Parkrun
Weekend Away Runs: Currently Suspended
We also have weekend away runs, an example being a more challenging off road route based in the Peak District