Update 26th February 2021 - club runs hopefully restarting end of March
Following the government announcement on Feb 24th, it is hoped that club runs can restart in some from March 29th. More details to follow.
We will still follow the same procedure if you wish to join one of the club runs when they resume:
- You must first register and confirm your contact details. To register please fill in the form on the right hand side of the page ->
- You will be given details on how to login to the website to book on in advance and will need to confirm that you have read and understood the Risk Assessment Document and the Runs Guidelines Document.
- A list of the club runs which are organised is here.
- To join a club run, fill in the form here. Please check how many people have already booked by looking at the booking list here. You can choose the run you are interested in and see how many people are already registered. If there are already 12 people booked, you can add your name to the list but will need to contact the run leader to check if any spaces become available. Please also pay careful attention to the health declaration before booking onto a run.
- Please don't attend a run if you are not booked, you won't be allowed to run with the group.
- Run Leaders, to add a club run you are leading to the list click here.
Summary of the Club Run Booking options:
Overview of the status of Club Runs:
Monday 6pm: Suspended
A social run of 3-4 miles suitable for new runners or juniors, but also very popular with existing members wishing to have a short run. The runs are on road in winter and off road in summer. See here for the summer schedule of Monday night runs. The winter schedule starts on October 5th. From Congleton Leisure Centre:
Tuesday 7pm: Suspended
Our main club night with two routes: one of 6 miles and one around 8 miles. Off road in summer and on road in winter. From Congleton Leisure Centre: see here for the Tuesday winter run schedule and routes up to Christmas.
Tuesday Away runs: Currently Suspended
Throughout the summer we have a monthly away run, within 30 minutes drive of Congleton. This is an opportunity to enjoy running somewhere different and meet up for food and drink in a local pub after the run. See the Tuesday runs page for the away run details.
Thursday 7pm: Suspended
Interval and speed training. This is a road based session focused on improving fitness levels and abilities through shorter repetitions of high intensity running with recovery sessions in between. Alternate weeks flat and hill training. The sessions start from the Leisure Centre at 7pm. See here for more information. From Congleton Leisure Centre:
Saturday 9am: Parkruns are Currently Suspended
We attend the weekly Astbury Mere based Parkrun where on the first Saturday of each month our members offer pacing for specified times to assist runners achieve targets.
This is a link to the Congleton Parkrun Website Congleton Parkrun
Away Runs: Currently Suspended
We also have weekend away runs, an example being a more challenging off road route based in the Peak District